Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Firsts


I love firsts! First KISSES, first SUNSETS, your first LICK of ice cream and the first time your three yr old poops in the potty! Yep, that's right... today was a HUGE accomplishment day for Tavren. We woke up this morning and I had a light bulb idea. I took off all three kids diapers and had a potty party. They all took turns sitting on the potty and trying it out. This is the first time (in a long time) he was even willing to sit on the toilet. He then even decided all by himself he was going to wear his transformer underwear! By noon it was still going smooth. No accidents and he still had his underwear on. Right before nap he announced "Mom, I need to poop!" He went in and went all by himself. I was so excited I was jumping up and down in the bathroom. I must have embarrassed him cause when he saw me jumping and so excited he said "I want my diaper back on." So new lesson for mom.... No jumping up and down! Its bed time and we have had two accidents. I pray that tomorrow will go as well or better.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet!! Elly is trying, but not quite there... Its great when they get potty trained I must say!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me when you figure out the secret! Scoty has those underwear, and that is great that he told you he had to poop, Scoty wont do that, he just holds it for DAYS!!! I am so frustrated....Keep us posted and updated on how it goes and what works k??? I need ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Crap he looks just like Korey he is so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete